Paradigm is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst
with a minimum of 5 years experience in our Regina office. Please note, at this time, the position is located in Regina and candidates must be Regina based for the opportunity.
Your must haves to apply:
- You have had a minimum of 5 years of meaningful, demonstrated experience on projects with a significant IT component, 2 years of which have been in Canada
- Your Canadian experience is in at least two of the following verticals – public sector, insurance, life insurance, telco, wealth management, supply chain and agriculture
- You have a formal educational Certificate, Diploma or Degree from an educational facility with a major in Business Analysis
- Legal ability to work in Canada
Nice to haves:
- Post educational certifications in ITIL®, Prosci®, ISP, ITCP, CBAP®, ISTQB, CMC or project management
- Not only know what the standard business analysis deliverables are, but more importantly, you know how to tailor the deliverables based on the type of project
- Know that quality is more important than quantity – you know your audience and create deliverables to suit
- You can go into meticulous detail but at the same time, you can succinctly roll those details into a short, but strong presentation
- Can have a conversation without using the words, “the business”
- Can take a vague, nebulous, incomplete set of requirements that aren’t really requirements as much as they are vague descriptions of business goals and work with a group of stakeholders to turn them into meaningful requirements against which a potential solution can be evaluated
- Love to ask questions but more importantly you know how to translate the answers to those questions into deliverables
- Are comfortable facilitating meetings – identifying clear meeting outcomes and goals, diffusing conflicts, making sure that everyone has a chance to speak, and ensuring that the time is well spent and productive
- Look at a white board as a blank canvas (dry erase markers are an essential part of your toolkit)
- Know that swim lanes aren’t just for pools
- You’re a negotiator – not every requirement is mandatory
- You are tenacious – you have a job to do and you can’t be intimidated by those who yell the loudest (it is usually the quiet ones who have the most to say in terms of value)
The Deliverables in your back pocket are: business and functional requirements, process analysis and resulting process maps, test strategies and detailed test scripts, training preparation and delivery.
Nice to haves are: Experience in leading\managing smaller components of a larger project, business case preparation, gap analysis and closure, vendor evaluation and selection, RFP content contribution
Bonuses are: policy and procedure documentation, task identification and estimates for business analysis components of projects
About Paradigm Consulting Group
With practices in Regina, Winnipeg and Saskatoon, Paradigm provides business and information technology services to organizations across North America since 1990. In total, we employ over 125 full-time professionals.
We offer our customers a wide range of IT and business consulting services. Our experience spans a myriad of customers within several industries, with particular expertise in Healthcare, Insurance, and the Public Sector. Paradigm consultants have access to a large body of knowledge incorporating years of experience and a commitment to professional development.
At Paradigm, our objective is to create an environment which allows our people to perform to the best of their abilities. Our strong commitment to our employees creates a partnership based on the blending of our personal and corporate goals, and allows us to recruit and retain quality professional people.
Our professional development for Analysts is focused on the alignment with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and achieving the Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) designation. We also strongly support the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) and their Information Technology Certified Professional (ITCP) and Information Systems Professional (ISP) designations. The Project Management Institute's Project Management Professional (PMP) and the UK Cabinet Office PRINCE2 Practitioner certifications are also strongly supported.
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.ParadigmConsulting.com
Total Rewards Package
We offer our employees competitive salaries based on a combination of factors, including education, training and overall experience. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis, and In addition to base salary, Paradigm employees benefit from a number of other unique salary maximizing options, including profit sharing. Other benefits include health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP contribution, auto allowance and paid parking. Another unique benefit is a paid 6 week sabbatical leave after their first 7 years of service.
Applying for the Opportunity
If you are dedicated to providing quality services, following industry Best Practices, applying your entrepreneurial spirit and feel that your skillset and background match this opportunity, we’d like to meet you!
Complete our simple online application form to submit your resume outlining relevant experience education and demonstration of professional development\certifications for the opportunity.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Local experience is a preferred asset, as this position is required to be based in Regina, Saskatchewan.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
PMP® is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute Inc.
Prosci® is a registered mark of the Prosci Inc..
CBAP® is a registered certification mark owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.